Candida albicans is a strain of yeast that is commonly responsible for vaginal yeast infections. It can also affect the digestive tract, sinuses and skin.
Symptoms of Candida and Yeast Infections:
- Vaginal discharge, itching or burning
- Recurring sinus infections
- Bloating, gas
- Muscle aches/weakness
- Joint pain
- Abdominal pain
- Athlete’s foot
Benefits of Naturopathic Treatment for Candida:
A thorough, whole body cleanse will resolve recurring problems. We use a variety of anti-fungal herbs and supplements coupled with the very best beneficial bacteria or probiotics. Repair of the digestive tract is also vital to naturopathic treatment of Candida and for prevention of food allergies and recurring gastrointestinal infections. We can also do stool testing for yeast, harmful bacteria, parasites and good bacteria that can help target treatment.
If you’ve already done natural treatment for Candida, but it either didn’t work or the problem came back here are my suggestions:
- Get professional help – self-treatment often doesn’t work because you’re not using the right anti-fungal, not using a good, potent product or not taking the right amount for the right length of time.
- Probiotics – good bacteria help prevent harmful organisms like yeast from returning. They produce an acidic environment that they thrive in, but yeast doesn’t. Using a good quality probiotic, without FOS and in some cases using very specific strains of probiotics can make the difference between recurrence or not.
- Hormone balance sometimes plays a role in yeast. Balancing estrogen and progesterone can help prevent recurrence, especially if that tends to happen around your period.
- Stress – high stress increases cortisol that suppresses your immune system. Keeping your adrenal glands health and lowering your stress may help.
See one of our naturopathic doctors, Dr. Pamela Frank or Dr. Rachel Vong, for lasting improvement from Candida. Book an appointment